Educational Theater Consulting (ETC)
Now community theatres in and around Eastern Massachusetts can get an objective view of their production from an experienced theatre consultant.
ETC is a non-competitive, educational program designed to help groups hone their skills. We heard our member groups say that very often the technical solution or production value comment made by an EMACT Consultant through written or verbal means may have been useful earlier in the production process. Now it is!
At any time during the production process - pre show or during production - consultants are available for verbal presentations, with an option for discussion and questions, or a written report that may be shared as desired. Each consultation can be approached with either a general or a very specific focus. You order what you need and want:
- Get help in a specific area - technical, performance, direction, etc. - or a general overview
- You decide who meets with the consultant or receives the written report, from one-on-one to a full group meeting
- Order a consultation prior to opening to get tips for polishing or during production for an objective observation of your finished product
Pre-Show Verbal Consult: $35
This consult takes place at any time before a show opens. The consultant will attend a rehearsal of the director/producer's choosing, and will provide verbal feedback in an interactive spirit directly following the rehearsal. This session may be with the directors, choreographers, producers, technical design staff, cast members, stage members, or any group you wish to have involved.
Performance Verbal Consult:
- Immediately Following the Performance $35
- Within two weeks of consultation date $50 (Date to be determined at the time of the initial application with producer or member group representative)
The consultant will attend a performance, as agreed upon between you and consultant, and will provide verbal feedback in an interactive approach. This session may be with the directors, choreographers, producers, technical design staff, cast members, stage members, or any group you wish to have involved.
Performance Written Consult: $50
The consultant will attend a performance, as agreed upon between you and consultant, and will provide a written consultation. The written consult will be provided within one month of the consultation date. You may choose one of the following:
- General: Provides feedback on production values, technical areas, directorial (stage, musical, choreographic) comment and acting review.
- Specific: Addresses specific area or areas of production named in the group's application.
To get more information about ETC, contact the VP Services at ETC@EMACT.org.